Resurfacing a patio is an excellent way to make your Sarasota home’s old, rough patio into a sturdy and elegant space. Whether you want a different color for your patio or to give it a textured look, resurfacing can help you achieve that goal.
Are you a homeowner looking for ideas on how to resurface your Sarasota home’s outdoor living area? You might want to read on.
What is resurfacing?
Resurfacing is a technique that renovates the existing surface of your patio by laying down a new and improved concrete layer on top. This technique contrasts with restoring, which requires taking the existing patio and removing material to reveal its original state.
What are the advantages of having your patio resurfaced?
Patio resurfacing has a lot of advantages, including:
- The new material protects the patio from wear and tear, which means that you no longer have to worry about cracks or stains.
- It is more affordable than restoring a concrete patio because you do not need to remove any existing material.
- Even if your existing patio has several problems, resurfacing can still help you achieve your desired look.
- It is environmentally friendly because you do not have to remove any material.
- Your existing patio can look brand new with the materials used in resurfacing. Also, homeowners get to enjoy an affordable price for this service.
- You also get to avoid the mess and inconvenience of removing your old materials, which requires a lot of heavy equipment.
What are the signs that you need a new patio?
You may need to think about resurfacing if you notice any of the following:
- Cracks on the concrete surface. These can invite water and rain, which could eventually lead to mold development.
- Gaps between stones or bricks. These produce a trip hazard.
- Stains on your existing patio that are not removable by power washing
- Color that fades over time
- Mold is growing on the surface.
- Constant wear and tear. If you notice that your current patio is uneven or wavy, it needs to be taken care of immediately because these are signs that you need a new one.
What are the different types of materials available for resurfacing?
Concrete resurfacing can be done using various materials. You need to choose one that suits your preferences and budget.
- Stamped overlays – These are forged using a mold to produce patterns. You can choose from different textures and colors depending on the material used in the overlay.
- Pool Deck Resurfacing – This multi-colored overlay can be used on your existing concrete pool deck. It gives a stunning look and provides a slip-resistant surface.
- Cool Deck – This is a coating made from recycled materials that have been laid down on your patio. Fabulous Deck looks similar to tiles and can be used as the upper layer of the swimming pool deck.
- Garage Floor Coatings -Polyaspartic and epoxy coatings are the most durable options. It is stain-resistant and very durable. This is a coating available in different colors.
- Epoxy Flooring Systems – These are also available in various colors. They provide a durable finish that is resistant to spills, stains, and scratches from everyday use.
- Acrylic Textures are decorative concrete topcoats for your existing concrete patio. It is available in many textures and gives a natural look to your existing surface.
- Concrete Polishing Finishes – These can be dyed to and bring a high gloss finish for your patio. It can be matched to any color and is suitable for commercial and residential use.
- Concrete Overlays – These are used to repair severe damage and come in many different colors. They also protect against erosion, chemicals, and water penetration.
- Concrete Staining – This is a natural way to change the color of your patio without changing its texture or pattern. You can choose from different colors depending on the concrete you use for resurfacing.
Once you have chosen the type of overlay you want to use, it is time to consider what color or design will work best with your Sarasota home’s design.
What Is The Process Of Getting a New Patio Installed On Your Property
Hiring an expert contractor is paramount to achieving the best outcome for your Sarasota home patio resurfacing; hiring an expert contractor is critical.
First, the expert will visit your home to provide you with a free estimate. After you agree to the price, the contractor will repair and clean the existing concrete. Next is grinding the surface for a level base where the new stone or brick can be installed.
The next step is for them to use one of your chosen resurfacing methods. The expert will then apply a finish that complements your home’s design.
The final step would be to seal and waterproof the patio’s surface and edges. Once that is done, you will see your property transform overnight. Going for a beautiful resurfaced terrace in Sarasota is always a good choice!
If patio resurfacing sounds like something you’d like to consider for your home, contact DecoCrete Services LLC today! It offers only the best deck resurfacing in Sarasota, Florida. Call today at (941) 405-3231 to schedule your free consultation!